Problem Statement or Business Need
MIS has updated their reporting requirements and colleges are scrambling to get the data. Colleges are required to report on the LGBTQ data (AB620) beginning August 2018. Currently, for security reasons, these two fields have been restricted to colleges and are currently not included in the CCCApply download file. As part of this request, the onscreen text that accompanies the AB620 questions will need to change to accurately disclose that the data would be collected by the colleges to comply with federal and state reporting requirements (and would also be used for student equity outcomes data).
The CCCApply Steering Committee is requesting that these two fields (see below) be added to the CCCApply Download Client, as well as the Report Center, immediately so they can begin downloading and reporting as soon as possible.
The CCCApply Steering Committee called a meeting on April 3 to discuss this new requirement.
- Development & Release Estimate: Patty explained that it would be very challenging to rush these requirements through and schedule a hot fix release in the middle of a major CCCApply release planned for the end of June 2018. However, she would begin drafting up the request and get a technical development estimate together - to be reported back during the May 2 meeting.
- Alternate Options:
- In the event the DLC would not be approved, CCCApply could work with Project Glue to implement a process for secure transfer of the data through the Glue College Adapter;
- The data could be accessed through the Data Warehouse for college researchers, which should be launched and made accessible by June 2018.
UPDATE: 4/26/18: For security reasons, the CCCCO has denied the request to transfer these fields to colleges via the download client or the Report Center. As an alternate solution, CCCApply would work immediately with the CCCTC Project Glue team to expedite a two-phase data export via secure staging table, available to any college that chooses to implement this process. The roll-out of this first phase would happen in conjunction with the Apply 6.2.0 release (June 2018). Furthermore, the Tech Center would work with the Data Warehouse team to expedite access to this data for researchers via that secure system.
NEED to prepare change requirements
Onscreen language that needs to be reviewed:
- This information is only used for summary demographic reporting.
- Your responses are kept private and secure.
- Providing this information is optional.
- It is not available to admissions personnel and will not be used for a discriminatory purpose.