College participation in the fight to prevent and combat fraud against fraud is critical to the overall success of the campaign.
Spam Filter Pilot
- Top 4 colleges attacked by fraud
- Data used in deep dive analysis
- Identified trends for the model
- Provide insight on motivation
- Submitting bad apps monthly
- Participating in ongoing research
Participation from ALL colleges is critical to success of model
- Regular monitoring of spam filter
- Making determination of fraud status
- Support continuous learning of model
Understand the motivations of spammers
Out for financial gain
As a system, we can change how we think about cyber crime and fraudulent applications in a way that contributes positively to finding a solution, rather than shutting down the conversation out of fear.
Submitting Fraud Applications for Research
- Must be in the required format
- Send other info in a separate file.
Item: Confirmation # of suspected bad apps.
File Format: TXT File
Naming Convention: CollegeMISCode_Fraud_mmddyy.txt
Confirmation numbers ONLY
One (1) confirmation number per line in .txt file
- Review onboarding processes and auto-response emails
- Educate staff to identify fraud patterns & trends
- Ensure applicants are legitimate students before issuing .edu email addresses
- Remove ways for spammers to get into our system
- Final phase of web service API and prediction service
- User interface integration into Administrator
- CCCApply Administrator system upgrade
- Enhancing Download Client for fraud status flag
- Email notifications to colleges to monitor filter
- Filter interface adjustments