Internationalization in CCCApply Apps (Spanish first, outsource)
- Export all text from CCCApply > Outsource for quote
- Build Library of Translated Text > Accessed through browser settings
According to our translation vendor:
“Typically, Spanish is translated either into Spanish Spain (or Castellano), Spanish Mexico or Spanish LATAM. Latin American Spanish is used for all Central/South American countries, as there are only very small variations based on the country (idioms, slang, etc). Of course, translations can always be tailored based on end-user needs, and we can use linguists from a certain locale if requested.”
We will adopt the "Castellano" dialect.
Other design decisions include:
Internal Notes < to be removed >
Per Josh on the implementation internationalization for Apply, specifically for Spanish.
Below is what will be required to get this in place. It's the same idea for what we will be doing for OpenCCC, but since Apply is on a different technology there is a bit more entailed:
- We would need to setup the i18n lib for our frontend.
- We would have to go through every single line of text in apply and
replace it with a code. This part will be very tedious and time
consuming, but not actually very hard. Eg. replace "My
applications" with "my.applications".
- We would create a lang-en.properties file that contains the keys and
the english version of the text.
- We would need to send the english version of the file to an outside party that would translate it to spanish and we would store it in a lang-es.properties file.
In all honesty, I think this JIRA is groomed and could be ready to prioritize when you are ready.