Conferences & Meetings
- CISOA Conference - March 26-29, 2017
- Patty is doing a presentation on CCCApply Annual Update & Roadmap. Looking for a co-presenter. Any volunteers?
- 2017 CCCApply & eTranCA Workshop - April 12-13, 2017
- Steering Committee Appreciation Dinner - Mark Your Calendars - Wed April 12 7pm - Location TBD
- CACCRAO - April 23 - 26, 2017
- April 26 - Next In-Person CCCApply Steering Committee Meeting - Noon - 2:00PM (immediately following the closing of the CACCRAO Conference).
- New marketing team (CAFocus - (combination of Interact Media & the Foundation)
California Focus is a new marketing team for CCC. They work with Interact Media and the Foundation). They have a lot of new ideas, branding, focus groups, etc. They also have ideas on how to develop a theme and workshop sessions for this year’s workshop.
- Proposed Focus for 2017: Communication of message that we are aware of issues and concerns (We hear you!) and show ways that we have started addressing them and what we plan to do in the future.
- Research Projects Underway: CCCID duplication, Abandonment Rate, (Focus groups to support Continuous Improvement).
- Need data to provide support for issues facing CCCApply (image perception, abandonment rate, noncredit population, length of application, more)
- Identifying Strategies for Continuous Improvement
- Here's what we've done this year:
- Here's what we are doing now?
- White-paper vs. FAQs
Academic white-paper on CCCApply still need to be completed. The white-paper needs to have a section on non-credit. Tim suggested including an executive summary.
- Academic whitepaper is still desirable to some members of Steering (we would need an index)
- Separate executive summary into two sections 1) why is the app the way it is (long?); 2) Why can't we do our own noncredit app - our own way?)
- More data driven information in the whitepaper
- Executive Summary (FAQ
like) upfront have a summary of findings, more high-level, data, charts, graphics)
- Talk about all the positives in CCCApply up front
- But we do need an easy to read, efficient snippets of information - user-friendly
- Waiting on Mike Q to give us direction on some points
- We need section for the big issues (noncredit)
- TIMELINE for working with the Marketing team - Mitch out for a few weeks after next week
Pending Marketing Projects
- 1. CCCApply Infographic
Draft shared 1/21/17
Next step: Content feedback from Tech Center and addition or validation of data points included in the document.
Patty presented an infographic developed by the marketing team. The word “Hablamos” needs to be corrected. The wording on the 24/7 helpdesk needs to be revised.
“Accessible and Secure” needs to be added.
- 2. Student Focus Groups
Solicit opinions on CCCApply from dual enrollment students, student ambassadors, non-credit or life-long learners at one to two Northern California Community Colleges
Next step: Pam Cox Otto will provide a list of questions for Steering Committee to consider to inform focus group design and narrow the research question.
CAFocus is working to schedule at least one focus group in February.
Focus groups would be fast tracked to provide preliminary data for the April 12-13 CCCApply Workshop
Student focus groups are being put together in February. Tim Calhoon would like a clear description of purpose as to why a focus group is being developed.
Bill stated that marketing team should only focus on marketing- not user experience.
The group agreed that the marketing group should focus on selling and promoting CCCApply to potential students.
- 3. College administrator (Admissions and Records Staff) FAQ
CAFocus will review attachment and follow up with additional questions as we develop content for this document. The FAQ should include short descriptions of the legal requirements to determine if this will meet the needs identified from the field to provide a rationale for the student information collected.
Patty, are there documents we could reference which contain summaries, interpretations, or the legal citations for the compliance requirements cited in the PowerPoint?
Also, in TTAC yesterday, Tim mentioned there has been a review of CCCApply and which questions were required by CCCCO and which weren't. Could you share that list so we can look at a visual depiction of the information?
- 4. Refreshed college-facing content for CCCApply Project Website
We will review Powerpoint and the roadmap below and propose a few ideas.
1.5 Theme / Message for Workshop
Continuous Improvement for Student Success:
Focus our General session at the Workshop on: These are the issues that have come up over the past year; 2) We hear you and we are listening; 3) Here's what we can do to address these issues in the short-term; here's what we can do to address these issues in the long-term;
Additional Items Discussed:
- 5. Ways CAFocus can support the identification best practices in UI/UX for CCCApply 3.0
- 6. Role for CAFocus during April 12-13 CCCApply Annual workshop? Pam Cox Otto keynote?
- 7. What fields within CCCApply are required for students enrolling in non-credit courses? (Will be included in info being sent by Patty)
- 8. Revisit Google Analytics date a few weeks after the March release for an early picture of student behavior
- 9. Additional visual depiction of data : if the Tech Center’s data analyst was able to provide any additional breakdown of abandonment rates or average application completion time, please feel free to share them with us and we can look at how they could be visually depicted.
- Patricia Donohue Set deadline for Steering and Tech Center for feedback and addition or validation of data points included in the document. (See infographic attached below.)
- Patricia Donohue Send all legal requirements for CCCApply questions to marketing team to help support whitepaper (TBD), FAQs, Best Practice & HowTo guides and set up Focus groups
- Sessions were discussed and confirmed at the 1/25/17 meeting. See schedule of Sessions and proposed Presenters here.
- Keynote speaker confirmed: Pam Walker!
- Still need to confirm a few Presenters, including Tim Bonnel for BOG workshop
- Mike Caruso is not able to attend and present on the MyPath Portal. Substitution suggested: Bryan Miller from CCC Foundation. Patty to send email invitation.
- Confirm that Accessibility Best Practices and Secure Data Handling Best Practices sessions should be separate and unique sessions.