Problem / Issue
New students think they’ve completed the CCCApply application after creating their OpenCCC account Support the recurring complaints and requests from colleges to help simplify the Account Creation process and streamline the use experience for a new applicant with auto-login logic.
This was one of the CACCRAO Memo Issues (05.04.16).
- Number one complaint from Admissions staff
- Transition from Account creation to Application is unclear and confusing
- There are too many steps/clicks between Account creation and Application
- Students can’t remember Username, Password, or Security Questions
- End up creating new OpenCCC Account
Additional comments from Diane Traversi in an email to Patty Donohue, 5.2.16:
"The fact that students still keep making the mistake of thinking that once they start an Open CCC Apply account that they are done with the application – I hear this a hundred times a week!"
Account Recovery: "That they filled out an Open CCC Apply application for another college some time ago and they can’t remember their log-in information or answers to security questions to apply to our college."