Problem / Issue
Hancock College is implementing the STandard Application now. They had several questions about the residency algorithm (they have been using their own homegrown application) and need confirmation on the following:
How does the Ineligibility Flag relate to "residency"? Is out documentation related to CCCApply
Is our documentation (shown below) accurate and up-to-date?
Why do we need to set them to a "2" if they have a HS grad equivalency? Is it because they are under 18?
The ineligibility flag (residency:adm_ineligible) is set based on the following:
Set flag to 1 (ineligible for admission) and set integrity flag 49 on if all of these conditions are true:
1. Applicant will be under 18 on <RDD>
2. hs_edu_level = 0 (Not a graduate of, and no longer enrolled in high school).
3. Enrollment status is NOT “Enrolled in college and K‐12 at the same time”.
Set flag to 2 (eligible with documentation) and set integrity flag 47 on if all of these conditions are true:
1. Applicant will be under 18 on <RDD>.
2. hs_edu_level indicates high school graduation or equivalent (3 ‐ Received high school diploma; 4 ‐ Passed the GED, or received a High School Certificate of Equivalency; 5 ‐ Received a certificate California High School Proficiency; or 6 ‐ Foreign secondary school diploma/certificate of graduation).
Set flag to 1 (ineligible for admission) and set integrity flag 48 on if all of these conditions are true:
1. Applicant has a B‐1 or B‐2 Visa type.
Otherwise, set the flag to 0 (eligible for admission).